Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- At the beginning of the shift, determine what needs to be produced during the shift.
- Meet with employees, distribute work assignments and complete safety review.
- Provide training, direction, and guidance to employees as they perform their jobs.
- Fill in for employees as needed.
- Assist in work force planning and shifting of resources as work requires.
- Monitor incoming production orders and schedule as needed.
- Expedite material shortages, machine and equipment repairs and correction of problems obstructing production.
- Alert superintendent to any equipment/work order problems in work area.
- Review and complete paperwork for production area and distribute paperwork accordingly.
- Maintain an accurate inventory system for production schedule
- Make sure all scrap is moved in a timely manner and reported daily per plant requirements.
- Assist in monthly and annual inventories.
- Track raw material inventory levels.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Must have excellent attendance and work record.
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be able to read a tape measure and product diagrams.
- Must be able to read, write, and complete production sheet, orders.
- Must be able to work over time if needed.
- Prior manufacturing experience is required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to perform other duties as deemed necessary by management.